- Jamia Millia Islamia (lit. ’National Islamic University’) is a central university located in New Delhi, India.
- Originally established at Aligarh, United Provinces (present-day Uttar Pradesh, India) during the British Raj in 1920, it moved to its current location in Okhla in 1935.
- It was given the deemed status by University Grants Commission in 1962. On 26 December 1988, it became a central university.
MODE OF ADMISSION:-
- For admission in JMI for B.tech course one has to appear for jee main exam as the applicants are admitted on the basis of their marks in jee main.
- Apart from this you also have to fill a separate application form for Jamia b.tech course which comes approximaly in the month of Dec-Jan. list of selected students is declared after the jee main result is out.
A total of 350 seats spread over 5 branches, namely
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Each of the above branch has 70 seats.
- At Jamia Millia Islamia – Faculty of Engineering and Technology the students are endowed with modern infra and convenient amenities that make their life ‘go easy’ in college hours, alongside make learning more interesting.
- Some of the facilities include well ventilated classrooms, recreational areas, hostel facility for boys and girls, indoor and outdoor games, stocked library, seamless internet connectivity, medical facilities etc.
• Highest Package : 25 LPA
• Average package : 6.5 LPA
- Innovaccer Analytics Pvt Ltd,
- Adobe Systems,
- L&T Constr.
HOSTEL LIFE & MESS:-
No separate hostel for B.Tech students. There are 7 boys hostel (for around 3k students) with separate mess, lush green campus, gym, playground and canteen.
Only problem is “getting hostel in JMI is tougher than cracking it’s entrance exam”. Students are selected on the basis of marks, distance and family income) after a rigorous interview process.
Total fee of a student for hostel is around 30k with mess fee included.
|Particulars||Jamia Millia Islamia BTech Highlights|
|Fee||INR 64,600 (for all specialisations)|
- JAVED ALI KHAN.(Member of the Parliament of India representing Uttar Pradesh in the Rajya Sabha)
- Syed Ahmad Afzal.(DIRECTOR OF MOVIE YOUNGISTAN)
- Sachin Gaur.
- Mohit Khattar. (Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer at Godrej Natures Basket Ltd.)
- Parvez Ahmad.(Vice President, Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank).
PROS & CONS:-
- The security and Safety within the campus, there is absolutely no case of ragging in years.
- The greenery in the campus, makes you feel that it doesn’t belong to Delhi.
- A lot of attention is paid on the regularity of teachers, so there are almost no free classes.
- The food in canteen is nice, you can try it whenever you wish.
- Low fees and good return on investment(ROI).
- Always into controversy.
- 50% seats are reserved for muslims.
- The placement cell is not very active, However, a few companies and banks do visit the college to offer graduate-level jobs.