UPES is a private university in the Indian city of Dehradun. Since 2019, it has been in Academic Collaboration with Global University Systems. Established in 2003 through the UPES Act, 2003 of the State Legislature of Uttarakhand, UPES is a UGC-recognized university.
The University has received 5-Stars on Employability (placements), Academic Development Program Strength and campus facilities and 4-Stars for overall teaching by QS Rating.
UPES offers graduate and postgraduate programs through its eight schools: School of Engineering, School of Computer Science, School of Design, School of Law, School of Business, School of Health Sciences, School of Modern Media and School of Liberal Studies.
MODE OF ADMISSION:-
For BTech Programs
Through Board Marks & JEE Scores
Minimum 50% marks at Higher& Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th) and minimum 50% aggregate in PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) at Senior Secondary level (12th class).
Valid JEE Score with 50% marks with Minimum 50% marks at Higher& Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th) and minimum 50% aggregate in PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) at Senior Secondary level (12th class).
UPES University- Engineering Seat Matrix
|Course Name||Number of Seats|
|B-Tech. Aerospace Engineering||50|
|B.Tech. Chemical Engineering||50|
|B.Tech Civil Engineering– Green Buildings||20|
|B.Tech Civil Engineering- Construction Management||20|
|B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering||20|
|B-Tech. Automotive Design Engineering||20|
|B.Tech Mechanical Engineering||20|
UPES is surronded by Natural Beauty all around and well developed infrastructures which make it stand at top 15 most beautiful campus in India list.
Campus has a rock muesuem, Oil rig zone(only campus to have) , MIG and many more things.
Food court, Nescafe area, amphithetare and Library are some prominent place where student usully spend their leisure time. The best part is the interaction and relation between seniors and juniors, Seniors are always ready to help their juniors out.
You may always find some or other activity going in campus, whether its preperation for upcoming festivals of different chapters or prepartion for any cultural event.
AS PER 2021:-
80% seats will be allotted through exam pathway and 20% seats will be allotted through a non-exam pathway. Candidates can check the marks obtained in the qualifying exam for admission in the UPES B.Tech course.
- Candidates those will apply through UPESEAT examination should have 60% aggregate marks in 12th or equivalent exam or 60% in PCM subject.
- Candidates those will apply through Intermediate merit basis should score 80% marks in 12th or equivalent exam or 80% in PCM.
- Candidates those will apply through JEE Mains score should score 70% or above in the exam.
- Number Of Student Placed : 701 .
- Highest Salary : 13.53 LPA.
- Average Salary : 4.54 LPA.
- 160+ Companies who Recruited in 2021.
- Some Recruiters are:-Vedanta,ONGC,SKT,Royal Enfied,Ambuja Cement,LT,Ashok Leyland,Torrent Power,Exxon Mobil,Halliburtan,Hyundai Motors.
Hostel Life & Mess:-
- There are around 20–30 hostels near UPES.
- Each room is equipped with all basic amenities like bed and mattress,study table and study chair, table,lamps,booksand utility shelves,separate almirah,wide windows,good fanning and lighting.
- Rooms and bathrooms are cleaned almost on the daily basis.
- Mess food is average don’t except it home cooked food.
- Hostel enviornment and view is great being in the bed of Himalya.
FOR CS BRANCH:-
FOR NON-CS BRACHES:-
- Simiti Maini
Alumni of University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun. She is scientist at Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and proud member of Indian MARS Mission
2. Lieutenant Hitesh Joshi
3. Shirish N Potu
4, Amitabh Yadav
Famous for operating the largest particle physics laboratory in the world, CERN
PROS & CONS:-
- excellent faculty.
- Required equipment fulfilment.
- Atmosphere to learn.
- Good packages for some CS specialisations.
- FEE is too high.
- ROI(RETURN OF INVESTMENT) is low.
- 18 specialisations in CS because of it you will get problem at placements.
- College is isolated from the City.